Monday, April 20, 2015

A Profound Difference Between Men and Women, (according to my unscientific research)


  
Here is the scenario:
You are preparing some food item and you are out of a needed ingredient. You are home from work and you have changed into comfy clothes.

Here is the question:
Do you get dressed and head off to the store?

Here are the answers from some of my 50+ women friends:

1    1.    NO. I have changed into comfy clothes; I’d make something else.
2.    Maybe if I didn’t take my make-up off yet.
3.    Did I take my bra off? If I did, no way!
4.    If it is winter and I can throw on a coat.
5.    Of course not. Go out that time of day after working all day? I would be too tired by the time I got back home to make anything!

Here are answers from some 50+ men friends:

1    1.    Sure
2.    Yes
3.    I’d pick up something else too

Notice the men do not have any hesitations about changing back into clothes, underwear, makeup, and time of day or season.

I asked some women in their 20’s and 30’s the same question. Their answers were more like the men, unless they had small children, than the 50+ year-old women! So what happened? Here are my conclusions:

1    1.    At 50+ we women know the one time we rush to the market without make-up wearing a baseball hat is the time we bump into several people we haven’t seen in a long time!
2.    We 50+ women don’t have the extra energy.
3.    Men at 50+ don’t’ care what they look like if they meet someone. In fact they might go out for a beer. Women would rather cut off their arm!
4.    Men think it will just take less than a half-hour so what is the big deal?
5.    Young women look good with little effort, and have more energy than their 50+ counterparts!

Tell me your answer. Do you concur or not?




14 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd make something else! I totally agree, that would be the time I ran into someone at the market!

Haralee said...

Thanks Jennifer for agreeing. Isn't that always the way!

Sharon Greenthal said...

I would never go to the store if I had changed and taken off my makeup. My husband knows this and if need be he will go for me. I don't think he wants anyone to see me that way, either LOL

Rena said...

Damn, I think I'm really a man! Either that or I just love the fact that when I go to the store here I know I'm not going to run into anyone I know!

Haralee said...

Sharon, he is a god guy!

Haralee said...

Rena, sooner than later, people will recognize you and your anonymity gig will be up!!

Lana said...

Well, I guess I have to side with the men! I've never worn much makeup, and if I could throw on a coat I'd probably go. But I would probably run into someone I know and be sorry!

Haralee said...

I think a difference Lana is Men just don't feel the regret of running into someone they know!

Patty Chang Anker said...

I'd go without makeup, etc. if a kid was sick and needed ginger ale, etc. (what kind of mom dresses up when a kid is sick, right?) but short of that, I'd stay home and adapt the recipe to what I have because WHO WANTS TO SPEND MORE TIME AT THE A & P THAN THEY HAVE TO? LIFE IS SHORT!

Haralee said...

Thanks Patty. I love your qualifications!

Lisa at Grandma's Briefs said...

Funny! My husband and I are the opposites, though. I'd change and get what I need (or make something different). As he doesn't cook, if I asked HIM to go, he'd be like, "WHAT? I've already changed. Let's just order something." (And I'd agree just so *I* wouldn't have to cook.)

Haralee said...

You are right Lisa, There always is the let's just order out option! Funny you will change and he won't. I swear my husband will change 2-3 times and not give second thoughts!

Pat said...

Since I run around in comfortable sweats and dark shades most of the day, I wouldn't think twice about heading out to the store looking that way.

Haralee said...

You got it made Pat. The advantages of being a coach!