Monday, April 27, 2015

What Does Fishing and Blogging Have in Common?



As I was eating smoked salmon this morning that we smoked from the fall salmon run our neighbor caught I was thinking about my next blog. That’s when the similarities hit me. Fishing and blogging are similar activates. Here are the attributes for both activities:

Patience
Action
Patience
Rejection
Action
Patience
Thrills
Rewards

Blogging requires patience to come up with an idea, then write it, then edit it, then think of ways to improve it and then rewrite it and then hope someone will read it and then read a comment from a reader and then maybe another comment! If you are really lucky your blog post will be picked up or run in a wider circulation venue.

Fishing similarities are requiring patience to wait with your line out, reel it in and recast, get a nibble but nope, recast and wait and then a bite and reel it in and you landed a fish!



Sometime a blog or a fishing adventure turns up nothing. No one comments, or you don’t catch a fish. Then other times the blogging and fishing Gods collide and you get many comments or reel in your quota of fish! Those thrills and rewards are what keep us going, keep us blogging and fishing.

Do you fish?
Do you blog?





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blog! :-D
www.lorrainecladish.com
Great post

Rena said...

This made me laugh, Haralee! I am going to tell this to my husband when he complains about how much time I spend on the computer. You just gave every woman who blogs the perfect answer to those complaints hahaha! Blogging conference=fishing weekend, laptop, tablet and pc=fishing boat, web-hosting=fishing license!

Haralee said...

Rena thank-you. I am glad I can do my part for marital harmony!

Haralee said...

Lorraine, I prefer blogging to fishing any time. Thanks for commenting!

Karen @Baking In A Tornado said...

I have fished, I do blog, and I often think about blogging as dating!

Haralee said...

Karen that is an interesting concept. Meeting new people, sharing ideas?

Lana said...

I love this Haralee, and you're so right. There is so much patience involved in either activity. The funny thing is, I've never enjoyed fishing because I'm not a very patient person!

Haralee said...

I know Lana, I am not a big fan of fishing either because of the patience factor!

1010ParkPlace.com said...

What a great post. I love it! Funny, I have no patience for fishing, but can sit at my computer until I'm blurry-eyed.

Haralee said...

Thanks Brenda. I know what you mean!