Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Conversation with My Hot Flashes and Night Sweats


To those who have never experienced a night sweat or a hot flash I thought I would try to convey how they feel in this Q&A. Beware, I think Hot Flashes and Night Sweats have nasty replies.

Haralee: A Hot Flash feels to me like a tiny bit of foreboding, maybe a bit of nausea followed by sweat breaking out on my forehead and chest like I just finished a workout.

Hot Flash: Foreboding, nausea? You are such a dram queen! Yes I spike your internal thermostat, get used to it!

Haralee: My Hot Flashes can be so intense that I carry a fan and shower and change clothes several times a day.

Hot Flash: So what is the big deal? I am keeping you clean, wearing all your clothes and sporting a fashion accessory.

Haralee: I found some Chinese herbs that help reduce the intensity and frequency of my hot flashes. Since I had estrogen positive breast cancer, I can’t take any hormones, bio-identical or even plant estrogens.

Hot Flash: Whah-Whah

Haralee: My Night Sweats are so severe they will wake me up several times a night. Before I started wearing the sleepwear from my company, I was going through sheets, nightgowns and pajamas nightly!

Night Sweats: Lullabies are for babies. You are such a whiner!

Haralee: No one sleeps well when you are having night sweats. Covers go up and down and unless you are wearing wicking sleepwear, you end up hot, wet and then freezing.

Night Sweats: Sleep is so over rated!

Haralee: Insomnia is also a side effect of menopause. Often after a night sweat wakes me up, I can’t fall back to sleep.

Night Sweats: Whah-Whah

See how nasty they are? Have you anything to add to this dialogue?




14 comments:

Pat said...

Haralee I never had hot flashes due to menopause, but have severe night sweats due to illness. Where can I find out more about your magic line of PJs?

Haralee said...

Hot Flashes or Night Sweats are no fun any way they come! www.haralee.com for more info about them. Besides Canada and the UK, I have not had much luck in shipping at a reasonable cost and delivery time. So when you are state side or a relative is coming to visit you, let me know. Thanks for commenting.

Unknown said...

You forgot to add that Night Sweats come from the pit of HELL!

Haralee said...

You are so right Susan, that is why they are so damn annoying!

Rena said...

Oh Haralee you are definitely not alone. I can't take any of the hormone stuff either and it is making me miserable. A couple of weeks ago my husband found me with my head hanging out of the window! I feel like I'm melting away to bad the scale doesn't agree with me!

Haralee said...

I know Rena, wouldn't it be great if a few ounces of weight are lost with each flash or sweat!

sassytownhouseliving said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolann said...

Oh my, I know exactly that same experience. Waking up at night is the worst...and having to change PJ's half asleep is so annoying. You got that conversation exactly right! Lol funny too!

Haralee said...

Thanks Carolann for understanding and sharing the experience!

Joy Weese Moll (@joyweesemoll) said...

I've lately had some luck combating insomnia with the book A Blueprint for Your Castle in the Clouds: make the inside of your head your favorite place to be by Barbara Sophia Tammes (My review).

I'm not sure if I'm really sleeping better but I'm definitely making better use of my awake time!

Haralee said...

Thanks for commenting Joy. Whatever works is great!!

My New Happy said...

I haven't had a hot flash yet, but I'm not looking forward them. I'm sure I'll be checking out your sleepwear as soon as they start!

Haralee said...

Thanks Lana. There are women who experience little or no flashes or sweats. They will tell you it is about their diet or exercise but I think they are just lucky!

Online Guitar Lessons said...

There are many people in the world who can not afford air conditioned and they spend their night in sweat and hot and the writer talking about is sweat and hot by the way i want everyone to read from http://northjerseyteacher.com/10-online-tools-educators-should-use-to-engage-students-in-essay-writing/ site also for help about writing.